Simple recipe and very tasty. This dish lacks color. I suggest you mix up red and green cabbage. If you only have green, then use some red pepper flakes.
Cabbage and Sesame Seed Salad, with Pork Chops
- 6 8-oz bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick each
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- A pinch of cumin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (1 tbsp is for brushing the pork chops)
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar or Rice cooking wine
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- A small head of Napa or green cabbage or mix, thinly sliced (makes about 8 cups lightly loaded)
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
In a small non-stick skillet on medium heat, roast the sesame seeds for 3 minutes, frequently stirring with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
Heat the grill on medium high. Drain and pat dry the pork chops and then spice them with a pinch of cumin, black pepper. Brush them with olive oil. Grill until cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side.
In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine the orange juice, the remaining oil, vinegar, sesame seeds and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the cabbage and cilantro and toss. Serve with the chops.
Here are the nutritional facts: