This is a recipe that Rich used for Sunday BBQ last week. A bit of an indulgence but worth it.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb Chutney
For the Chutney
- Sugar, 3/4 cup
- Cider vinegar, 1/3 cup
- Fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon minced peeled
- garlic, 1 tablespoon ground or 2 cloves minced
- Cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
- Fresh rhubarb (about 1 1/2 pounds making 4 cups of 1/2-inch cubes)
- Red onion, 1/2 cup (generous) chopped
- dried tart cherries or golden raisins,1/3 cup (about 2 ounces)
For the Pork
- Pork tenderloins, 2 of them totaling about 1 1/2 pounds total, the fat trimmed
- Ground cumin,2 teaspoons
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
To make the chutney, combine the first 8 ingredients in heavy large Dutch oven. Bring to simmer over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add rhubarb, onion and dried cherries; increase heat to medium-high and cook until rhubarb is tender and mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Fire up the grill.
Sprinkle pork with cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Grill it until done (not sure how long). Garnish with cilantro and serve with the chutney.