We modified an existing WeightWatchers recipe (from WeightWatchers My TurnAround Cookbook) to make it 20/20 friendly. This dish makes generous amount of food, that best served with a generous side of salad or roasted asparagus.
Baked Crab Cakes
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 lb. fresh cooked crabmeat
- 3/4 cup low fat or fat-free mayo
- 2 Orowheat sandwich thins, run through food processor to breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsps fresh dill, (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1-2 dashes of hot pepper sauce, OPTIONAL
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Stir in crab, mayo, 1/4th of the breadcrumbs, dill, mustard, pepper and if using pepper sauce. Mix well. Shape the mixture into 1/3 cup patties. You should have 12 of them.
Spread the remaining crumbs on a large plate. Coat the patties evenly and transfer to a baking sheet. Lightly spray the cakes with nonstick spray. Baked until browned, about 12 minutes.
Serves 6 (2 cakes per serving).
Here are the nutritional facts, thanks to the free online calorie calculator by SparkRecipes: